KUWAIT: Kuwait’s health ministry has prepared lists of frontline workers facing the novel coronavirus who are entitled to financial rewards allocated by the government. The lists were sent to the Civil Service Commission for approval, Al-Anbaa Arabic daily reported yesterday.
The lists will then be sent to the Cabinet’s coronavirus emergency committee. Sources said the lists were sent to the CSC after reviewing them earlier in the week, adding that the number of those who deserve the rewards is nearly 40,000 employees from various sectors.
They said payments will be made from March 12 until May 31, adding the rewards will be equivalent to two monthly salaries for doctors and technicians and a salary and a half for administrators.