KUWAIT: Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior said on Monday the criminal security sector of Hawalli investigations department subpoenaed a girl after she claimed in a video clip that she violated the partial curfew. During interrogation, the girl admitted to the charge and was therefore referred to the competent authority as a prelude to a legal measure, according to a statement from the ministry’s public relations and security media department. The statement reminded the public of the importance of abidance by the curfew, noting that the Ministry would never tolerate any breach of the relevant decisions of the cabinet.
In the meantime, the Ministry of Health said Monday it referred people who violated home quarantine to the Ministry of Interior to be questioned. Those violating home quarantine are referred to the investigation department of the Interior Ministry to be questioned and then face charges, MoH’s Assistant Undersecretary for Legal Affairs Mohammad Al-Subaiee said.
He said this referral was based on Law No 8 of 1969 regarding prevention of communicable diseases. Subaiee said they were monitoring the citizens who were repatriated and how they were abiding by the home quarantine restrictions. The ministry, he asserted, would refer any person violating the quarantine for the sake of wellbeing of the society.
The Ministry of Interior also announced that police arrested 13 curfew violators on Monday, including 11 Kuwaitis and two expats. Seven people were arrested in Hawally governorate, four in the Capital, one in Farwaniya, and one in Jahra, the ministry said.
Crowd under control
In other news, the Ministry of Interior said Monday that law enforcers managed to take control over a group of African nationals who gathered in Mahboula. The expats were waiting for buses to take them to a school where they would stay pending their repatriation as part of an amnesty, said a statement from the ministry’s public relations and security media department in response to video circulated earlier on social media.
The buses were not at the site when the expats arrived and some crowds were about to spill out of control so the public security officers stepped in to control the situation. The expatriates were sent back to their home pending the arrival of the buses, according to the statement. The Ministry urged all media outlets to avoid circulating disinformation or untrue reports regarding the security situation in the country.
Separately, the Ministry of Interior said Monday that agents of its criminal security sector arrested a delivery boy after he behaved mysteriously in front of a home. A circulated video showed the person, an Arab, while messing around on the rubbish after delivering the order. During interrogation, the man admitted that he messed around the trash and tampered with the contents of the order, according to a statement from the ministry’s public relations and security media dept. The man was referred to the competent authority pending a legal measure against him, the statement added. – KUNA